Madison Youth Arts Center Request for Proposals for Strategic Planning Process
Madison Youth Arts Center, Inc. (MYArts) is a nonprofit organization that owns and operates the MYArts building, a facility that was purpose-built to be a center for youth arts in south central Wisconsin. In its first two years of operation, MYArts focused on opening its doors, setting up basic operations, and establishing relationships with their first user groups. At this point in its organizational life, MYArts is seeking to develop a strategic plan to direct their movement from the “just opened” phase of their organizational life and toward a set of priorities and goals that will help them begin to mature as an organization and work toward earning their place as a trusted community resource.
MYArts is seeking a strategic plan that will take a holistic approach to their organization and help guide their work for the next 3-5 years.
The plan should include high level priorities and strategies that address at least the following topics:
- Long-term financial health
- Work with their programming partners, both anchor partners and community partners
- MYArts’ work to establish itself as a valuable community resource
- MYArts’ commitment to equity and access in all aspects of its work
- Operational priorities as MYArts continues to establish itself as a new organization
Consulting support, scope, and needs
MYArts is seeking a strategic planning partner with experience working with nonprofits working in the arts, youth work, and/or community-based work. They also expect fluency in the work of equity, access, and belonging. If needed, the strategic planning consultant could contract with additional experts who have these knowledge areas.
They anticipate this process will involve the following components:
- Consultation with key stakeholders, including MYArts board of directors and staff; leadership and staff of MYArts anchor partners (Children’s Theater of Madison and Madison Youth Choirs); and leadership of select MYArts programming partners.
- Consultation with additional community representatives who do not currently use MYArts (or use it very lightly) but who are potential future partners or who are experts in aspects of the Madison community that are not represented elsewhere in the process.
- Environmental scan, with awareness of the current building boom for Madison-area community organizations, including other organizations that serve youth arts, which emphasize equity and access, and/or facilities that can serve a variety of community constituencies.
Proposals are due Friday, July 7, 2023.
Please submit a proposal that addresses the following elements:
- Statement of why your organization is a good match for MYArts’ values and needs
- Proposed process
- Proposed budget
- References that demonstrate work that has been successful and is relevant to their organization
- Please submit proposals no later than Friday, July 7, 2023 by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MYArts Strategic Planning Proposal”
- Optional: Attend zoom information session about strategic planning RFP at 1pm on Wednesday, June 28. If interested in participating, send email to email@example.com.
Please submit questions about this RFP to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will accept questions until Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
Member News is the place were DMI members can share newsworthy announcements about upcoming events, award recognitions, employee promotions, job postings, and other news related items. To make a posting, please use the Member News Submission Form.