Downtown Madison must be a place where all people feel welcome to live, work, shop, learn, and visit. As a committee, we:
- Work to identify, confront, and dismantle the structural and cultural barriers that deprive any individual of meaningful opportunities to fully participate in life downtown.
- Support and work to attract new and existing businesses owned by members of historically underrepresented groups to locate in downtown Madison.
- Encourage the creation and availability of internships and job opportunities available to all youth in Madison.
- Support more cultural celebrations and diverse entertainment options in the downtown.
- Develop a commitment among the downtown business community to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Create a more accessible downtown to ensure that everyone feels welcome.
- Actively listen, learn, and leverage to impart positive change and encourage diversity.
- Educate our membership on opportunities and best practices in diversity and inclusion.