Quality Of Life
Downtown Madison must offer needed services, amenities, public safety, and a welcoming physical environment to be an attractive place for all people to live, work, and play. As a committee, we:
- Work to identify and retain amenities and services for an attractive downtown, with an emphasis on childcare, schools, health care, housing, retail, entertainment, and jobs.
- Participate in efforts to maintain and improve the cleanliness, accessibility, health and beauty of our parks, public spaces, and lakes.
- Promote downtown arts and culture by encouraging public art and the use of private galleries, theaters, museums, music venues, and public facilities.
- Work with our partners to support and encourage the use of downtown sports and recreation venues.
- Support Madison’s Central BID’s programming in the greater State Street area, especially where State Street intersects with the Capitol Square.
- Support local law enforcement in their efforts to keep downtown Madison safe.
- Collaborate with community partners to address homelessness in downtown Madison.