Women on Boards Info Panel
Mark your calendars for an illuminating panel event on September 28th from 4:30-7pm, hosted by Women in Biohealth (WiB) and TEMPO Madison taking place at Exact Sciences (5505 Endeavor Ln., Madison, WI 53719).
This event will provide a comprehensive exploration of the realm of board service, spanning both corporate and non-profit sectors. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting to consider board service, this discussion will unravel the essential responsibilities, required experience, and pathways to board opportunities.
1. Introduction to Board Service: This event will kick off with a primer on board service, addressing fundamental questions about what it entails and the distinctions between corporate and non-profit boards. Gain a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities associated with board membership.
2. Experience Prerequisites: Delve into the qualifications and experience needed to excel as a board member. Expert panelists will provide insights into the diverse backgrounds that can contribute effectively to both corporate and non-profit boards.
3. Unveiling Board Opportunities: Discover strategies for identifying and securing board positions. Panelists will share tips and tactics to help you navigate the landscape and open doors to meaningful board service.
4. Personal Experiences: Hear firsthand accounts from seasoned board members as they recount their journeys. Learn from their challenges, triumphs, and the pivotal moments that shaped their board service trajectories.
5. Interactive Q&A: Engage with panelists during the Q&A session, where you can seek personalized advice, clarify doubts, and gain deeper insights into specific aspects of board service.
Learn more about the speakers and register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wibxtempo-women-on-boards-panel-tickets-706060133867?aff=erelexpmlt.
Member News is the place were DMI members can share newsworthy announcements about upcoming events, award recognitions, employee promotions, job postings, and other news related items. To make a posting, please use the Member News Submission Form.