Literacy Network’s Reading Between the Wines Online Auction
The Literacy Network’s popular online auction is back, with dozens of fantastic items! This year’s auction will run from 12pm on Thursday, April 14 to 11:45pm on Thursday, April 28. Event proceeds benefit adult learners who are working to improve their literacy and achieve their personal goals, including becoming U.S. citizens, earning their GEDs or HSEDs, securing improved job opportunities, and supporting their children’s health and educational needs.
2022’s auction items include:
- Tickets for great family outings, including a Wisconsin Badgers basketball game, the American Family Insurance Championship, Cave of the Mounds, and the Milwaukee County Zoo
- Gift cards for local stores like Willy Street Co-op, Orange Tree Imports, Klein’s Floral and Greenhouses, and Movin’ Shoes
- A wide range of art, including pottery, glassware, and paintings
- Their $20 wine pull, featuring bottles valued at $15 to $40
- A one-year membership to the Madison Club, valued at $4,150
And much, much more! Register and see a full catalog of items (posted starting 4/14) at literacynetwork.schoolauction.net/readingbetweenthewines22/.
Literacy Network will also host an in-person celebration including learner stories, hors d’oeuvres, and wine tasting on April 28 from 5:30 – 7:00pm at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center. Additional information and registration can be found here.
Member News is the place where DMI members can share newsworthy announcements about upcoming events, award recognitions, employee promotions, job postings, and other news related items. To make a posting, please use the Member News Submission Form.