Destination Madison & HospitableMe – Inclusive Hospitality Training for Tourism
On November 14th from 10am-12pm at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, Destination Madison will take a significant and important step toward welcoming the LGBTQ+ community! They will be joined by Destination Madison’s education partner, HospitableMe, who will deliver their signature program, ‘Everyone Welcome!’
The training program will discuss evolving language, the growing market, unconscious bias, the challenges LGBTQ+ people face when traveling, best practices for marketing to and engaging with LGBTQ+ consumers and communities, and ways we can do better to make the community feel more welcomed.
During the time together, HospitableMe will:
- Discuss diversity and inclusion, sexual orientation, gender identity and their relevance for tourism and hospitality
- Help you understand LGBTQ+ travelers and their travel concerns
- Share best practices for interacting with LGBTQ+ communities in a variety of circumstances
- Provide you a framework to consider the opportunities and challenges of being more inclusive
- Answer your questions about LGBTQ+ travelers, communities and issues
- Our vision is that Madison is a place for all. We strive to ensure every visitor feels welcome and respected, leading to a more vibrant and inclusive experience in our destination.
This program is offered free of cost thanks to generous support from the Destination Madison Foundation and the venue sponsor, the Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center.
Find out more about HospitableMe here: Homepage | HospitableMe Inclusive Hospitality School (teachable.com).
Member News is the place were DMI members can share newsworthy announcements about upcoming events, award recognitions, employee promotions, job postings, and other news related items. To make a posting, please use the Member News Submission Form.