We know the current situation with COVID-19 is impacting many DMI members. The following are links and resources that may be useful to you or your business during this time. DMI is here to help our members and community in any way we can, so please let us know if there is anything we can do. If you have additional information that would be useful to add to this page, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Forward Dane: Phased Reopening Plan for Dane County
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Center For Disease Control (CDC)
- City of Madison Voting Info
- Madison Gas & Electric Info
- Metro Transit Info
Support our Community
Take advantage of resources developed by advocates from Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. including information on the Wisconsin Eviction Moratorium, the federal CARES Act protections related to housing, unemployment insurance appeals, and public benefits related to COVID testing and care.
Check out the Covid-19 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources from the University of Wisconsin School of Nursing.
Donate to the Dane County COVID-19 Emergency and Recovery Fund. The fund is a collaborative effort between the United Way of Dane County, Boys & Girls Club of Dane County, Selfless Ambition and other area organizations.
Give to the Madison Community Foundation COVID-19 Priority Fund setup to provide support for the unanticipated needs of organizations operating in the arts, environment and many other.
Donate to the MMSD Community Resource Fund and MSCR Community Resource Fund established by the Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools to help direct resources to the scholars, staff and families of the Madison Metropolitan School District.
Give to the Latinx Consortium for Action Relief Fund for COVID-19 established to provide emergency relief for undocumented Latinx workers and small immigrant-owned businesses.
Pay it Forward to our Health Care Heroes and support Madison restaurants while providing meals to healthcare workers.
A Downtown Madison Fund, a component fund at the Madison Community Foundation, has been created to promote the vitality of downtown and leverage opportunities within and immediately adjacent to Madison’s Central BID.
Support our Local Businesses
Stay up-to-date on local business specials including availability of take-out, delivery, curbside services, gift certificates, virtual experiences, and business reopening plans complied by Madison’s Central BID: visitdowntownmadison.com/2020-updates.
Check out the many restaurants and establishments in downtown Madison and throughout the City that are participating in the City of Madison Streatery Program.
Donate to the Madison Virtual Tip Jar. Many of our friends and neighbors depend on tips to make ends meet. This virtual tip jar is for local service industry staff – employees at bars, restaurants, salons, etc – to post their Venmo or Paypal information so that customers, neighbors, and Madison community members can continue to support them.
Public Health Madison & Dane County (PHMDC) released Forward Dane, a phased reopening plan for Dane County during the COVID-19 pandemic. The plan is based on active monitoring of data-based metrics. To view the current phase and orders issued by PHMDC, click here.
The Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce has a virtual portal for employers to submit questions relating to community response, best practices for businesses, guidance from local, state and federal authorities, available assistance for affected businesses, and more. To submit your questions, visit Slido.com and enter the event code #ASK4BIZ (not case-sensitive). Responses will be posted at madisonbiz.com/covid19faq.
The Urban League of Greater Madison has launched a COVID-19 Workforce Recovery Initiative. Workers who have been hurt by furloughs, layoffs, reduced hours, or other impacts to their employment situation or employers in need of workers now can find more info at ulgm.org/employment.
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- City of Madison
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
- Destination Madison
- Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP)
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
- Wisconsin Restaurant Association
- Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- Kiva Greater Madison
- Arts Wisconsin
Business Re-Opening Resources:
- Public Health Madison & Dane County: Forward Dane Phased Re-opening Plan, Requirements for Businesses and Workplaces and Workplace Requirements signage required for businesses to post
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation: Re-Opening Guidelines (General and Industry-Specific)
- Wisconsin Safety Council: Returning to Work
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Re-opening Guidance and Business FAQ
- The Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin is hosting a Drive Thru Job Fair on September 17 from 12:00-4:00pm as part of a statewide, unified approach to let job seekers know there is still opportunity available in their area. Job seekers will drive thru at any of the three locations (Dane, Columbia and Jefferson) and receive a bag full of job postings for companies hiring now. For more details, click here.
- Dane Buy Local Weekly Webinar, every Monday at 10am
- Make With Maydm Virtual Programs
- To view recordings of recent DMI events and meetings, visit the DMI YouTube channel here.
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Time Off Obligations, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Everything is on the Table As Tenants and Landlords Talk About Rent Relief, GlobeSt.com
- Here’s how to avoid a common mistake small businesses make when applying for loans, according to an SBA official, CNBC
Small Business Resources:
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has established several new temporary programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak, such as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program. For additional information and status of the PPP, EIDL and other business relief options, click here. For PPP FAQ’s, click here, information and links to the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application, click here, and the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act, click here.
The WWBIC COVID-19 Fast Track Loan Program is focused on existing businesses looking for business financing during COVID-19. Business owners have two options to pick from depending on their needs: a line of credit or a term loan. To learn more, click here.
The National Restaurant Association’s Restaurant Employee Relief Fund was created to help restaurant industry employees experiencing extraordinary hardship in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. To learn more and apply, click here.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Sites and Resources:
Dane County Mask Makers: Local volunteer organization making and donating cotton face masks to anyone who needs them in our community.
UW Health: Site with needs and ways to donate PPE
UW Health: List of potential sources of PPE compiled by UW Health
Wisconsin Suppliers Network: Site to identify manufacturers to supply PPE and other materials to businesses as they reopen.
PPE for Wisconsin: Site to donate to help acquire Personal Protective Gowns and bring them to the Wisconsin to be distributed to frontline responders.
Wisconsin Restaurant Association: List of suppliers offering coronavirus-related goods/services.
Wisconsin COVID-19 Supply & Resource Offers: Site to donate or sell large quantities of PPE to the State of Wisconsin.
FEMA PPE Exchange: Site where people can buy, sell and trade PPE to each other.
Thomas: Searchable database to find local WI supplies for various safety and cleaning items.
ACHANCAL: List of suppliers for ordering and obtaining PPE.
DMI Member COVID-19 Resources and Services
- Wipfli LPP
- von Briesen & Roper
- AVID Risk Solutions
- The QTI Group
- MBE CPAs
- True North Consultants, Inc.
June 15, 2020
Due to COVID-19, all in-person DMI events and committee meetings will be either rescheduled or held in a virtual capacity until further notice. We continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by Public Health Madison & Dane County and the Forward Dane plan and will assess our plans regarding in-person activities as the situation evolves.
The DMI staff all continue to work remotely and are available during normal business hours via phone and email. We are here to serve our members, so please call or email to reach us. We greatly appreciate the flexibility and understanding of our members and hope you will join us for the many virtual opportunities we are offering to stay connected, engaged and informed during this time. A full calendar of DMI activities can be found here.
Downtown Madison, Inc.