Work collaboratively with our members, the broader business community, bicycle advocacy groups, citizens, and government officials and organizations to identify and advocate for policies and projects that enhance bicycle transportation and infrastructure in and through downtown Madison.
Meeting time & location:
1st Friday of every month at 8:00am, 122 W. Washington Ave., 1st Floor Conference Room
Chair: Peter Gray (The QTI Group)
Goals & Objectives:
Goal: Increase mode share of bicycle trips downtown to reach goals set by 20by2020
- Educate bicycle riders and potential riders
- Work with other bicycle advocacy groups on an Educational Program for bicycle riding.
- Enhance bicycle transportation infrastructure
- Gather information about travel patterns of biking to, from, and around downtown to identify opportunities and barriers
- Work with and support State, City, County and University implementation efforts and identify priority projects
- Provide feedback and recommendations on bike infrastructure enhancements in the Downtown Plan
Goal: Break down tensions among all modes of transportation
- Establish “Best Practices” for bicycling downtown
- Create recognition for bicycle friendly efforts
Goal: Increase the number of bicycle friendly businesses (as defined by the League of American Bicyclists) in downtown Madison
If you would like more information on this committee please contact Susan Schmitz, DMI Executive Director at 608-512-1330 or email@example.com.